Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Something went wrong with my poached egg.?

Yes. The water should not be boiling with the bubbles rising up because the bubbles rip the egg apart. Next time bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat under the pot, then put in the vinegar, then put the egg in the water and let it sit in the water, then watch the egg as it cooks, and if it needs more heat to cook, turn the burner on low and cook it, but make sure that the water doesn't come to a boil. When you think the egg may be cooked, turn off the burner, take a fork and poke the white part of the egg, not the yolk, as you may break the yolk, and if the white part is hard enough for you, use a round spatula that is large enough to hold the egg and take it out of the pot and there you go. I do it an easier way. I bring a pot of water to a boil, and once it is boiling, I turn off the burner and put in a whole egg in the shell, then I turn on the burner and cook it for exactly 6 minutes, then I turn off the burner and run cold water into the pot with the egg still in it, then I crack the shell and peel the shell off the egg and place it on a piece of toast and cut the egg with my fork and eat it with the toast. A 6 minute egg will have the yolk soft and the white part hard. There is less of a mess doing it this way and less chance of the egg getting broken up by the boiling water where one may loose part of the egg. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment