Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baby Snapper Turtle Help?!?!?

On June 3rd, a mama snapper turtle laid eggs in my backyard. It is now August 20th and i found 2 baby turtles swimming in my (saltwater) pool. we rescued them and have them in a little bucket with some water and rocks to stand on. I have many questions. How many more turtles should be coming? I hear they lay 60-90 eggs, but do all of those eggs make it on to be little turtles, or do lots die prematurely? Also, what should i feed these turtles/ do with them because im not sure if you can keep snapper turtles because they're dangerous. The mama went on to the creek in my yard, but im scared because the babies will go to the pool before getting to the creek. Any advice on anything mentioned/ anything ive forgotten would be helpful, thank you in advance!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment